Our investment fund is seeking a general counsel to assist with drafting and reviewing documents for our microcap investments (PIPEs, Convertible Debt, Reverse Mergers), ensure compliance with federal and state securities laws, and assist in litigating defaulted investments.
This is an opportunity to practice law at the highest level and be at the forefront of innovation, while enjoying a diversity of projects in the securities industry while making an impact within a small but top-tier organization.
- Due-diligence on prospective and existing portfolio companies
- Draft and review documents in connection with financings (PIPEs, Convertibles etc.)
- Stay up to speed on, advise on and ensure compliance with, federal and state securities laws (including 1933 and 1934 Act)
- Represent the firm in litigation proceedings against defaulted portfolio companies (both directly and in conjunction with outside counsel)
- JD and NY Bar membership required
- 3+ years of experience at a securities regulatory entity or law firm
- Experience with PIPEs, Convertible Notes, Secondary Offerings, Reverse Mergers, Secured Debt, and Venture
- Financing, Registration Statements etc.
- Experience with white-collar and securities litigation
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks
- Excellent conflict negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision
To apply for this job please visit gplvc.com..